Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First day as CNA at school

Yesterday was my first day as CNA at school. The CNA that usually takes care of the student called off so Janet (my boss) called to let me know. I changed my clothes from what I was wearing to my scrubs and off I went. The day went well except for the weather. It POURED down rain ALL day and I had to take him in his wheelchair from one building to another several times during the day. I kept him covered with a blanket each time, but it was a challenge to keep him covered so he didn't get wet and get him and me where we needed to go. He's a sweet child, however, whatever they pay the CNA that usually takes care of him is not enough. He requires a lot of care and very soon he will be too heavy to lift out of the chair. I'm glad I have gotten the first day with him under my belt and feel much better about taking care of him when the need arises. How ironic that the first day I take care of him I received my official license in the mail! Pretty cool!

No comments: