Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It was a tough week end

October 19th would have been Jerry and my 40th anniversary. I think that's a big deal. When you get married you expect to be together for the 40th. anniversary. Maybe not the 50th., but definitely the 40th. So it was kind of a rough week end. No one mentioned it - I don't know if they forgot or if they thought it would upset me to say anything. I'm leaning toward the not wanting to upset me. I know Shan pretty well and she doesn't forget anything. But it is nice to have some one acknowledge that day and let you know they know it's probably a tough day for you. I talked to my best friend, Dorothy, and she is having open heart surgery after the holidays so I will be going to Pittsburgh to be there for her surgery. She also told me her daughter, Dawn, found a lump under her arm. They have done a scan and found three other lumps. They did a biopsy on them and she won't know for about 5 days if they are malignant or not. It is scary though. They tried antibiotics and that didn't do anything so they don't think it's an infection. Please keep her in your prayers. After reading Dave's blog I felt a little guilty for not posting for a few days. Problem is sometimes there is not much going on and so not much to blog about. I think that means I am doing better as far as the grieving goes. The blog has become more of what I do in my life as opposed to how I am feeling since Jerry died. Do I miss him? You bet. Am I lonely? You bet. But I have moved past the just wanting to stay in bed and sleep. Saturdays are still hard for me, but not nearly as bad as they were. So forgive me if I don't post every day. It's not that I don't have the time...it's just sometimes I don't have anything worth writing. I have no idea how many people read my blog. I know of a few...Dave, Shan, Shari, and Michelle for sure, but others I don't know. So I mainly do this for me, not only to get things written, but sometimes to just let the people I know read my blog how I'm doing - what I'm doing and that I love them all very much!

1 comment:

Valarie Cobb said...

I read your blog. I love you and your family.