Sunday, January 11, 2009

Can we at least start out the new year w/o problems?

This is a rhetorical question. Because as everyone knows the answer is NO. My best friend's niece had out patient gall bladder surgery on a Friday. By 2:00 a.m. Sunday she was dead. We don't know why yet. Maybe she threw a clot - I don't know, but geez we only started into the new year. I knew that some time in February would be my friend's open heart surgery and I was preparing for that, but her niece at the age of 44 dying after out patient surgery. I know things happen for a reason and we don't always know the reason, at least not right away, but I have say I am sorta losing my patience here. Now this comes no where near Rhonda Lynn dying, however, for some reason my back has decided it has had enough. So...getting up and down is as bad as having root canal without benefit of some type of numbing. The muscle relaxers did not help, the pain pills have not helped so MRI here I come. Oh, and David goes to the dentist with a bad tooth. He didn't know how bad until he got to the dentist and was told he would need an oral surgeon to have the tooth removed. He does that this Friday. I go tomorrow to set the appointment for the MRI, Dave has his appointment with the oral surgeon on Friday, and Dorothy is having open heart surgery end of January or early February. I know....I know...no one said life was fair or easy, but sorry, I'm thinking my family- immediate and extended - deserve a break. I also know to be very careful what you wish for - you just may get it, but not in the way you intended. I personally have had that experience. With that said, and fingers crossed, would it be possible to have some time with no crisis. No one gets hurt, no one gets sick, no one dies. I know this is a poor me pity party, but ya know what?sometimes you just need one! I love you all. Please stay healthy, be careful driving, check you answers(that one's for Tyler and Emily), tell the people around you how much you love them and how much they mean to you. I love you all and I know I could not have made it this far without all of you. I am very thankful for that. Now, if we can just get this other stuff taken care I will feel a lot better. On a lighter note...I came late to the Boston Legal party - like the last three episodes late. Well, I really enjoyed the ones I did get to see, so for Christmas Dave and Shan got me Season One. I went on-line and ordered season 2, 3, 4, (5 is not out yet). So I have been having a grand time with my Boston Legal marathon! Thank you guys! It was a great gift. So I think I will end here and go to watch some more Boston Legal - hey it keeps off the streets!

No comments: