Thursday, January 22, 2009

Take the good with the bad

On the good - Casey and Vanessa had their baby on Wednesday. The little bugger would not turn so they had to do a c-section. He is 7 pounds 19 inches and his name is Samuel Thomas - great name! I love my family and am so thankful I get to share in all the life experiences a family has. On the bad - David had oral surgery on two teeth on Friday so he's been in some pain. However, story of him after the surgery and on the way home will have you falling on the floor laughing when Shan tells it. That girl can tell a story! Speaking of falling on the floor I did that again. I got sick on the way home from the hospital (after Samuel was born). We had stopped at Wal-Mart so Shan could print some pictures of Samuel for her mom, sister and her to take to work. I stayed in the car with the kids. I suddenly got so hot I though I was going to have to take all my clothes off. Emily helped me get my jackets off, we opened the windows and turned the air to cold. When we got to Prescott we stopped at Sonic and I got a Strawberry Slush thinking something sweet on my stomach might help. Well, we got home and made it to my bathroom just in time. However, I was not just sick at my stomach I was sick at both ends ( I know, Dave, TMI) but I need to tell this so will know why I fell. I think because it was coming from both ends I was losing too much fluid too fast and it caused my blood pressure to drop. So when I stood up, back down I went. I'm sure it will leave a mark. Also found out I have four disks in my lower back that have no cushion between them so I go to the nuero surgeon on the 30th. Same guy Shan used. So I have at least on reference for his work! Still no word on the autopsy for my friend's niece. My friend goes on the 28th to find out about her surgery for her heart. My plan was to go to Pittsburgh to be there for her heart surgery...now I have to wait and see what the doc says. Unless he can do something for a temporary fix there is no way I can sit on a plane that long. Heck, when I get up now Junior calls me Fred (Fred Sanford). So now Junior has four names for me....Darla, Bob, Mimi, and Fred - ya gotta love a guy like that! I must say I feel better getting all this out. Haven't been to therapy in a while and this is the next best thing. I'm going to ask Dave to put some pictures of Samuel on my blog so ya'll can see him.

No comments: