Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My heart is with the State Board

Went to the cardio doc and I have a short circuit in my electrical wiring. For some reason at times instead of the electrical impulse doing what it should it gets stuck in a loop and that causes my heart rate to go from 70 to 95. So I am taking medication and hopefully that will take care of it. Doc has a partner that specializes in the electrical heart stuff and he will be calling me - hooray. I've been trying to take less pills and now I have a new one to take. Oh well, part of old age I guess! Did my State Board today and passed! The lady was much nicer this time - in fact she told our instructor, Judy, that she was too hard on us the first time. Of course things were not organized so there was a lot of running around looking for things! I had to do teeth brushing, blood pressure, and walking with a gait belt. I took my time and thought everything through before I said I was done with the skill so that helped. I had some much adrenaline going that I tightened the valve on the blood pressure cuff so tight I could not loosen it when I was trying to get a reading. So I had to stop and start again, but the monitor said that it will come with practice and it was no big deal! Yea!!! Only other thing going on is Brian and Carla are going to buy Dave's camper. So that helps him and them! They bought Jerry's car when he died and it has worked out great for me. Thank heavens for great kids! and I sure have two great ones!!

No comments: