Monday, August 11, 2008

Another day - another dollar- where is that $600

You will remember from a previous post I learned I would be receiving $600 a month from Social Security and I was taking it and going to Disney World. And I did and had a great time. Guess what I'm doing with this months $600!!! Read on and find out!! We had our last hurrah weekend in Little Rock. Got our room on the same side of the hotel as last year so we could look out of our window and see when the Krispy Kreme sign was on. Out the door like a flash, we were, to get those HOT FRESH donuts! Man, they were good! We got there early enough on Friday that we were able to do the teacher stores, eat, and go for a swim. Saturday we did the clothes shopping part of the trip. Got back to the hotel and Dave and Tyler went out to get food. Long John Silvers! Don't get that often and it was good! Sunday we got up and took Tyler to Linnie's to spend a few days and then home we came. Got home unpacked, made some tea, just your general junk then lo and behold no picture on my TV. Sound, but no picture. Call Dave. Come fix my TV. Dave comes. Dave says - shoot the TV. It's a goner. So until I get a new one I will be in the back room watching the little 13" one - hey at least I have one to watch!! Had my echo cardiogram done today. Found out I have leaking valves. He also asked me if I had high blood pressure. I never have, but he saw something that made him ask and he asked if I ever smoked, no never have, he asked was I around smokers. Yea, growing up. Amazing what you can find out by looking at your heart! So I have this annoying heart monitor on until tomorrow when I go for the stress test. I'm sure there will be stress. The darn tests cost over $6,000 and I had to pay 10% of that. Over $600 and with a smile the lady asked "Would you like to pay that today or tomorrow?" And so now you know what I'm doing with this months $600. So I'll keep ya posted on what develops. Please note money amounts are in green!!

No comments: