Monday, September 22, 2008

Great Week end

I left Friday after school for Brian and Carla's. Julia was going to Hot Springs for a basketball tournament so I rode up with her. Usually when you go on a vacation it takes a few days to unwind. Let me tell you...as soon as I got to Brian and Carla's on Friday night I could feel the difference. They are right on the lake. It is so peaceful and quiet there. Saturday we got up and sat outside drinking tea in our pjs and talking. When we got dressed (some hours later) we met friends for lunch and then went to Books A Million. Spent several hours there. Carla was doing research on some pieces she has to sell so I found some books I had been wanting to read, so while she did her research I sat and began reading one of the books. It was wonderful. We left the book store and headed back to the RV. We were all just sitting around talking, I was doing some reading and then decided on dinner. Carla got out her electric skillet and plugged it into the outlet outside of the RV. Cut up some potatoes and onions, put them in the skillet with some oil and let them cook. We fired up the grill and did hamburgers, polish sausage, cut some tomatoes, lettuce and onions. When all was ready we sat at the picnic table and ate. It was wonderful! We cleaned up and then sat around some more watching the boats on the lake. Got up Sunday and the morning routine was the same as Saturday. The Directv guy came around 11 to hook them up. Once he was done, we loaded into the car and they brought me home. Oh one thing I forgot...at some point on Saturday Carla fired up the computer and when I say fired up I mean fired up. She plugged that puppy in and it started to smoke and flames started coming out of it. Needless to say one call to Dave confirmed we have fried the mother board. So off to Wal-Mart we went - she was wanting a lap top anyway. So..since she got the lap top they gave me their flat screen monitor and when Brian installed it on Sunday he straightened all my wiring under the computer desk and put slide ties around the cords. Now everything is neat and tidy! I could not get over how cute the RV was. Carla really has a flare for decorating and it seems she can decorate any space no matter how big or how small and make it look comfy and inviting. As you can tell I had a good time and look forward to going back! Thank you Brian and Carla for a great week end. Oh my gosh I almost forgot....I had been having trouble with my big toe. Thinking it was an ingrown toe nail I had worked with it and cut it, but could not get the pain to stop and I could lift the entire nail up from the skin so how could be ingrown? Well on Saturday I am telling this to Brian and Carla. Carla says let me see it. She takes one look and hauls out a huge steak knife, nail clippers, peroxide and a towel. Sits down on the floor of the RV and begins - I kid you not - to scrap my nail with this huge knife. Then she takes the clippers and begins to cut my nail. Seems that even if I can lift it the thing is still growing into my skin down the side of the nail. She completes the "operation" pours peroxide on it, puts on some neosporin, and a bandage. Low and behold the toe is doing great! No more pain, no more inflammation. Life is good again! Thank you Dr. Carla!

No comments: