Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Short and sweet

This will be short and sweet. Not a lot happening. Not tutoring this year, thank heavens. That was just too much last year. Going to Brian and Carla's for the week end. Can't wait to spend some time in the RV. Should be interesting. I didn't think I would post my political views on here - not the place, but I am voting for McCain/Palin. I was raised a republican and Jerry also said when the republicans are in office it helps the government workers. So, since he was one I go with the party that brung me. Helped Tyler with some Advanced English homework tonight. It was great fun. I love Literacy - have since I was in high school. I was one of those that had a teacher that inspired me and I have loved the language ever since. Emily is doing Mini Cheer leading camp this week, which is also great fun. All the financial institutions failing is a huge concern, especially since I worked in the industry for 10 years. I'm sure in time it will right itself. We have lots of safe guards in place that we did not have when the stock market crashed in 1929. So I don't see a lot of people jumping out of windows! Thank heavens. On a lighter, stinker note, Junior has discovered a skunk living under my house. This is not good. He put some moth balls under the house - he says they hate the smell and it should drive her away. I think it is a her and she is looking for a place to have her babies. Well, not in my house, thank you very much! Oh the life of living in the country. Going to Brian and Carla's for the week end. Did I say that already? Tough to get old! Julia is going up for a basketball tournament and I am going to ride along with her and then come back with her on Sunday. I've started my Christmas catalog ordering so for me the season has started! Hope all is well with you.

No comments: