Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where does the time go?

Wow - almost the end of July. It amazes me how fast the summer has gone. It also amazed me how fast the last school year went and here we are again getting ready to start another! Does it seem this way to everyone or just to those of us that are older and have more years behind us than we have ahead of us? I re-read what I had written last night and I am not feeling as bad as I was when I wrote that. Maybe this is how it will go for awhile. Okay days sometimes and some not so okay days. I worked in the class room again today. Shan and the kids were at the school so I took the kids swimming while Shan did some work in her class room. She came to the pool around 3:00 or so. I played in the water some more with Emily and then came home to shower. The girl is a hoot anyway and in the water is no different. She has no fear, which frightens me. She will try just about anything - which is okay as long as we are there to keep her safe. But, she has learned a lot. She told me today that if she was ever floating on a raft and fell off all she has to remember is to swim to side and hold onto the wall of the pool. She swims like a fish under water - that girl can go. We had fun with her coming down the slide in different positions and me having to give her a score - like an Olympic event. There were some guys Tyler goes to school with there and they seemed to be having great fun doing cannon balls off the high dive. And, I am sad to say I gave in and went to Sonic and got a burger for Cee Cee. I have tried since we came home from Disney World to give her just dog food since that was all she had while she stayed with Brian and Carla. We've been home for almost 3 weeks now and she hasn't eaten - so yes, I caved! At least she ate. I tried to mix it in with the dog food, but she would have none of that. She picked around the dog food and got the burger. So once again I will be a regular customer of Sonic! Way to go Cee Cee!!

No comments: