Monday, November 17, 2008

Never hesitate to help for a good cause

A very good friend of Jerry's, Ed Tech, emails me on a regular bases. Always checking in on me and making sure I'm okay. He also sends me really interesting things to read. The other day he sent me an article about a marine that was acquitted on a murder charge over in Iraq. However, John Murtha, the Senator from Pennsylvania has said some very nasty things about this young man. Things that amount to slander. So the marine is suing Murtha. There is a fund set up to help with his lawsuit. You can email him, send him good wishes or even donate to his fund. Well, knowing Ed Tech like I do and hating John Murtha like I do, it was a no brainer to send Justin $100 for his fund. So I did. Did I really have the $100 to send? No, not really, but I felt it was important for me to do even if it meant I would go without something for a while. I expected nothing in return, just wanting to help in any way I could and $100.00 was the most I could muster at this time. Well low and behold in the mail today I get a check from my cancer policy because I have been paying the family rate and since Jerry has died I now pay the individual rate. So they returned all the money I paid for the family plan from the time Jerry died until now. $181.00. Wasn't expecting it, didn't know it was coming. But it certainly re-enforces my believe that a good deed will be rewarded in some way. Maybe not the way you expect or in the time you expect, but it will be. So if you get the chance to do something good for some one do it. Expect nothing in return, just the good feeling of helping some one and you never know when your good deed will come back to you! What a wonderful world if we all did this! Justin's email address is www.justinsharratt.com and for donations Justin Sharratt, fund for Justin, PO Box 44, Cannonsburg, PA 15317-0044. Thank you all. We are free because of the brave and Justin is certainly one of those!

No comments: