Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another first

Well, I have had so many "firsts" to go through this year since Jerry died. Today was a different kind of first. My first day in college. It was just an orientation day. Getting introduced to other classmates and getting an over view of the class and what to expect. I have to read 3 chapters for tomorrow - another first - haven't had to do that kind of thing since high school! There is another lady in class that is recently widowed and about my age so there is someone I have something in common with. Most of you know Jerry went through a medical tech class in Pittsburgh, much more involved than what I am doing, so I really could use his help now. I am, however, using the stethoscope I bought him when he graduated from his class so that is kinda cool. It's like a part of him goes to class with me every day - besides the part I carry in my heart - as my Emily says.

2 comments:

--David said...

Wow, three chapters in one night!? Ouch!! When it comes test time, if you need someone to quiz you, you know we'll be happy to throw questions at ya! :-) That is very cool that you kept Dad's stethoscope! Who knew it would come in handy??

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you, Darlene! Way to go girl! You CAN do this!! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Much love, Chelle