Thursday, May 29, 2008

There may be a sliver lining

After doing some checking it turns out, since I am now 60, I may be eligible for widow benefits under Social Security. Naturally when I talked to them this morning I was assured this could all be done online. When I went looking for the forms to complete online I could not find them. So another call to Social Security, talked to another person, of course, and was told no this has to be done at the office in person. So...off I go tomorrow to Texarkana and see what happens. I did manage to get a list of the things I need to take with me so I will stop by the bank and get what I need from the safety deposit box. Keep good thoughts. On another line I made a 98 on a big CNA test and made a 100 on my CPR-first aide class. Next week starts the big push. School every day from 8 to 3 and several clinical shifts at the local nursing home. Keep watching...more to follow!

No comments: