Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Off for the weekend

Second day of school today. It went well. Test Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of next week. That's a lot of testing in one week. Now I know how my kids feel during the Benchmark! Taking the week end off and heading to Hot Springs. Carla, (my daughter-in-law married to my son, Brian) does estate sales and I am going to help her out with the one she has this week end. I have great kids - David the oldest and Brian are the best and both of them have great wives. They all do so much for me any way I can help them I like to try and do. Shortly after Jerry died I had major surgery and my kids refused to leave me alone in the hospital. Sleeping on the most uncomfortable pull out chair you can imagine - and not for just one hospital stay, but for all the ones after the surgery when I had the complications. Then once I was home they stayed with me at the house. When I got to feeling better, but feeling especially lonely or sad I would go to Dave and Shan's or Brian and Carla's and spend the night Sometimes you just don't want to be alone at night or wake up alone in the morning. It is so nice to have them so near (especially Dave and Shan since they live about 50 feet from me.) Stay tuned for how the week end goes!

No comments: