Sunday, May 18, 2008

Busy Week end

Went to Brian and Carla's on Thursday night. Helped with the "estate sale" until about 10 this morning. Boy, does that girl work hard. Whenever I go to Hot Springs to see them they NEVER let me pay for anything. No buying dinner or lunch or anything else for that matter including shoes if I see a pair I like and would like to have. So at the end of my "working" to help out with the sale Carla tried to pay me $200.00 for helping. I left it behind. As I explained to Brian on the phone after I had gotten home. I really appreciate all they do for me when I am there. And not having to worry about paying to eat out when I'm there - and we eat out a lot when I'm there is such a relief that if I can pay them back with a little physical labor that is swell! It was great to get away. Back to reality now though - big test for my CNA class tomorrow so I have been studying since I got home. Met some women who are also recently widowed and it was nice to talk to them. Some longer than me and it was nice to hear from them that it does get - not better - but some what easier to deal with as time goes on. So there is hope for me. So it's shower time and then one more hit at the books before bed. It was a nice week end. Thanks Carla and Brian. I love you all. PS. Happy Anniversary Dave and Shan - today the 18th. happy anniversary Brian and Carla the 19th and Happy Birthday to my Jerry on the 20th. I miss and love you as much as ever!

1 comment:

--David said...

Good luck on your test!