Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

To all that still have their father I envy you. I miss my dad every day. Today my heart aches not just for me, but for my kids. I know this is the second Father's Day since Jerry died, but I was in the hospital last year at this time and don't remember much about Father's Day. This year I do. I know how much I am missing my dad and how much David, Brian, and Carla are missing their dads. Shan and Jerry seemed to have this thing between them. He liked to throw out these ziggers. It did not take long for Shan to begin to get them and she would zig right back. He really enjoyed that relationship with her and I know she misses him as much as we do. To Bill and Patty, Shar and Dean, my thoughts are with you also. My dad was a wonderful, gentle man and I know he is very proud of not only his kids, but their spouses and his grandkids. What joy he would have had in knowing Tyler and Emily. Sometimes I am at my saddest when I realize there is something Jerry will not be a part of. I can not wait to go to Disney WORLD(got it right this time), but I also think of how much a kid Jerry would have been if he were there with us. I miss you dad and love you very much. I don't have the words to say how much I miss Jerry. It is with me every single second of every single day. Missing him never leaves me. They say it will get easier. I hope they are right - so far it hasn't. I will close with my love for my dad, for Jerry, and for my kids. This will be a hard day for me, but I think realizing it and just letting it happen is the best thing for me to do. I love my family and don't know what I would do without ALL of you! Mom/Darlene

No comments: