Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Well, Virginia, there are some not so good people

If you read my blog yesterday you know I lost my wallet at school. Cancelled everything and got a new driver's license only to get a call around 2:00 my wallet had been turned in. So I went to school this morning early to retrieve my wallet. Oh, I got the wallet alright. But that's all I got. Everything in it was taken, except my school ID - my credit cards, debit card, and Wal-Mart gift cards. Now one only had about $5.00 on it no biggie, the other one didn't have anything on it except the cutest picture of Tyler and Emily and was the one I used when I got gas at Wal-Mart to get the 3 cents off a gallon. So I don't know if the person that turned in the wallet took the stuff before it got turned in or if it was found after the stuff was taken. However it happened, it happened quick. I mean it was not 3 minutes from when I left the classroom until I got to the library and realized it was gone and went searching for it. And it was not all the money I have in the world, but right now every penny is important to me. You know if you have had anything taken you get that violated feeling. So once I get over that I will be fine. Sure wish I had the Wal-Mart card with the kid's pictures though!! LESSON LEARNED - DON"T BE IN SUCH A HURRY YOU DON'T MAKE SURE THINGS ARE SECURED!!! If I had put the wallet back and zipped the compart, like I should have, none of this would have happened.

No comments: