Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Finally done"

To all of you that knew my mom know this was a familiar quote of hers. Tomorrow I am finally done with CNA classes. We finish with clinical in the dementia unit. I have been practicing my blood pressure by taking my own. I was concerned because I was either really bad at doing the blood pressure or my blood pressure was high. So when I got to class today I asked our instructor, Ms. Judy, to take my blood pressure. Turns out I am good at taking blood pressure and mine is high - 140/100 - so I have an appointment to see Dr. Fox tomorrow. I took it again tonight and it is down. I am hoping that it may just be the stress of classes, and now that they are coming to end how will I be. I started the classes before school was over for the year and so have just continued on with no time off. No time to be alone with not much to do but think. I hope I have progressed far enough in my grief over Jerry that I will be okay and not fall into a million pieces. We do have Disney World coming soon and that will certainly give me something to focus on. I have enjoyed the CNA classes and have met some really nice people. We say we will keep in touch, but will we? Is this something people say when they come together for a short time and then go their separate ways? We will see.

1 comment:

--David said...

It depends on you and it depends on the other people. Of course, the question is, "CAN" you keep in touch? Did you exchange email addresses etc? If so, then keeping in touch becomes a two-way street, though not 100% of the time. People come in and out of lives all the time - sometimes for an hour, sometimes forever...