Saturday, June 21, 2008

You decide

Those of you that know me know I am the kind of person that has to tell you how the watch is made when you ask me "what time is it?" I also, amoung other things, suffer from OCD. So, with that said here goes. Last week was a stresser. Classes were stressful, clinic was stressful, my car breaking down was stressful, Dave and Shan going to overnight seminars is stressful (I like all"chicks" home for the night. Needless to say Friday I wind up with a whopper of a headache. So bad it required bringing out the Vicks Vapor Rub for the forehead. I go to bed early. Fall asleep and sleep through the night. Towards morning I am aware of a presence in the house. I can tell - even though my eyelids are closed that it is still dark outside. So I figure this is not Tyler or Emily, but I am a little afraid to open my eyes and see who it is. However, before I get up the courage to open my eyes - and I swear to you all of this is true - I hear Jerry's voice and he says, "Is your headache better?" Well! I sat bolt upright in bed, eyes wide open, looking around. I was so freaked out I got up and turned every light in the house on. Now - I have had dreams about Jerry before and they seemed so real I had to turn to look at the other side of the bed to make sure he was not there. This was TOTALLY different. I was not sleeping. I was aware of the fan being on, Cee Cee scratching from her allergies causing the bed to move. Then I sense some one is in the room. Then Jerry's voice asking if my headache is better. I never really believed in that kind of thing before - I do now. As sure as I am sitting here typing this it happened - he was in the bedroom and asking about my headache. You decide!

1 comment:

--David said...

Only you know what you heard and what you experienced. In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone else believes, only what you believe. I believe our minds can do some amazing things (like my experience the week before 9/11). People say angels are all around us, and maybe sometimes, they reach out to us.