Friday, June 20, 2008

What a day

This happened yesterday (Thursday). Went to class for our big 10 chapter test. Only to find out she decided to go ahead to do the really BIG test on all 20 chapters. Now, she did not tell us this until we had finished the test. However, I did not study for a 20 chapter test, I studied for the 10 chapter test. Made a 96 A - I can live with it. Left school and headed to Wal-Mart for grocery shopping. Shan is going to a seminar in Florida from Sunday to Thursday next week. I will pick the kids up at Dave's office when I am done with class and then he can come here after to work and eat dinner. I get my groceries and head over to the Murphy gas station to use my Wal-Mart gift card to get 3 cents off a gallon. Get that done and head to Holly's to get the blood pressure cuff I ordered so I can practice before the State Boards. Get the cuff, come out of Holly's and low and behold - my car will not start. Nothing. Not even a click. So back into Holly's I go. Now remember I have a trunk load of groceries. So I call our local mechanic Larry Jones and explain the situation. He'll come to Holly's and take a look. I then borrow Kay's fan - unload my groceries from my car to hers. Get them home and then back to Holly's where Larry has just checked out my car and I need a new battery. He gets the battery, installs it and whala - the car starts. I pay the bill - $153.00 for a battery and service call. Seems steep to me, but when you're stuck, you're stuck. Home I come, put the groceries away and decide to give the blood pressure cuff a try. On myself, of course. Well, scared the pants off me - my blood pressure was 145/100. I think it was the stress, but it was still scary. I will try it again later today and if there is still a problem I'll call the doc, but honestly I think it was the stress of the day. So how has your day been?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, sweetheart. I think that a dead battery and a $153 bill will cause your blood pressure to go up a little. If this were something that was an everday occurance (the blood pressure, not a dead battery) You would need to be concerned. But I think you are probably okay. At least with your blood pressure. Mentally is a different story...........lol