Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sometimes you just want to scream

This is my fault. I was careless and in a hurry. Needed my college ID for my test today. I keep it in my wallet behind my driver's license. So I took it out, put my ID on the form, put the ID back in the wallet, and put the wallet back in my purse. Only thing, I was in such a hurry to get started on the test I didn't zip the compartment where my wallet goes. Finish my test, get up and put it on the instructor's desk, gather my things and head for the library. When I get there I realize I don't have my wallet. I walk back to the building where my class is, making sure to take the same route, back up to the class room - no wallet. Checked in with student services, but no one has turned in a wallet. So now I get a new driver's license, stop my bank debit card, call for new Health Insurance card, new Social Security card, and report my credit card lost. Now all these things are replaceable and really not a big deal, just an inconvenience. BUT - the pictures I had, along with my mom's, dad's and Jerry's obituaries can not be replaced. Lesson learned - nothing - nothing is worth being in that much of a hurry for. If by some chance when I go to school tomorrow and one of my class mates has picked it up and has it to return to me I will be eternally grateful. Right now I am heart sick over losing the things I can not replace because I was in such a hurry to get to the library to have my CNA ID made! Sometimes you just want to scream!!

No comments: