Monday, June 9, 2008

Never too old to learn

This is an old saying, but oh so true! Today I learned what I DON'T want to do and that is work in a nursing home. Not on a regular bases anyway. Since Jerry died I have been looking - half heartily - for a second job. When the opportunity to take the CNA class came up I thought this is great. They will pay me to go to school and I will learn a second trade for another job. Well, today was my first day of clinical, now that may have something to do with it BUT we will have to wait and see. I will say I did not stay in the hall I was assigned the whole time. I went looking for things to do to help people so actually working in a nursing home may be different in that respect. All I know is when I got home at 3:00 I talked to my best friend Dorothy for a few minuets and then went and laid on the bed and that is the last thing I remember until I woke up at 6:15 - missed Tyler's last game in Springhill - they did great - Tyler hit an in the park home run and the a triple and Emily's last game. So all in all in was a sucky day. Found out I don't want to work in a nursing - or be put in one - and missed my kids last games of the year. What a horrible MImi I am!! I will make it up to them some way. Haven't missed a game all year and then go and miss the last ones! I am so ticked at myself I could ........I don't know what, but I could.

2 comments:

--David said...

Well, Emily's got rained out, so you didn't miss much there. Tyler did really well, and he had fun, but you don't have to make up anything for them.... You were worn smack out!! In the scheme of things, one baseball game is just that - one game. You are there for so many other things, much more important things, that THOSE are things they will remember! Trust me, Emily will remember you and her riding TEACUPS for the rest of her life.

Unknown said...

Nursing in any capacity, is a skill, not a trade. Carpentry is a trade.......